image description
1942 – Granted independence from the Board of Realtors and recognized by NAHB as an affiliated independent chapter as the Home Builders Institute
1943 – NAHB granted a new charter under the name of the Milwaukee Builders Association
1945 – Association’s first office opened
1947 – A state meeting sponsored by the MBA resulted in the formation of the Wisconsin Builders Association. The WBA used the office and administration of the MBA
1947 – First Parade of Homes took place
1952 – MBA granted extended jurisdiction to add Ozaukee, Washington, and Waukesha Counties
1953 – MBA offices on Bluemound Road completed
1957 – Scholarship Committee formed to set up an MBA scholarship program
1959 – Name changed to the Metropolitan Builders Association of Greater Milwaukee
1967 – Industry Standards manual produced
1984 – Fall Remodelers Tour started
1989 – Home Builders Expo started
1992 – Spring Tour of Homes started
1998 – Added Jefferson County to our jurisdiction
2002 – Moved into new office building
2004 – Certified Construction Professional program created
2004 – Mortgage paid off
2005 – Abode Magazine launched
2006 – Joe Chudnow became the first MBA member inducted into the NAHB Hall of Fame
2006 – Partners in Excellence Program started
2008 – MBA reaches Top 10 in membership numbers

Calendar of Events

View all calendar events